Thank you for visiting our Website. The protection and security of our customers’ and users’ personal data is of the utmost importance for the Pierre Fabre group.
This Confidentiality Policy explains what kinds of data are collected when you view and use our Website and how this data is processed.
Who are we?
This Website (the "Website"), is operated by Klorane Botanical Foundation – the Corporate Foundation of Laboratoires Pierre Fabre - Les Cauquillous 81506 LAVAUR Cedex France (hereafter "Klorane Botanical Foundation" or "us"), who is responsible for processing the personal data which may be collected from you on the Website for the purposes described below.
We invite you to carefully read this Confidentiality Policy to become familiar with how your personal data will be processed when you visit our Website. Please note that it may be updated by Pierre Fabre at any time. The date of the most recent update will appear on this page. We therefore invite you to consult it on a regular basis.
The Personal Data we collect
Depending on the services provided by our Website and those that you choose to use, your choices, and the configuration of your device (namely with regard to cookies and other trackers), the Personal Data pertaining to you (your "Personal Data") which is collected and processed by Klorane Botanical Foundation may include:
- When you use our Website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide us with Personal Data, including your first and last names, your physical address, your email address, your telephone number, your preferences and areas of interest, and all contact information required to respond to a given request or resolve a complaint you may make.
- When you visit our Website, our server automatically collects information generated by your browser or device, including: the domain name, the IP address, the date, time and duration of your visit, the browser type, the operating system and the pages visited.
We do not use this automatically collected data in an attempt to identify you, nor do we correlate it with the Personal Data that you provide, as listed above.
The purposes of our processing of your Personal Data
Please find below an overview of the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data by our services, and the reasons for which this processing is necessary.
|Purpose of processing|
Reasons for which your Personal Data must be processed by our services
To answer your questions and carry out your requests.
To send information on the Budding Botanist program and to ship the kits to the school for which the order is made
To record your registration for the Botany for Change award, to send information about the award, to view the projects you submit as a contestant for the award
To inform you of Klorane Botanical Foundation news
|For the routing of the newsletter – explicit consent given |
To carry out statistical analyses
|To serve the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre if processing is required to manage our daily operations|
The Personal Data we require for the above purposes is indicated with an asterisk on the pages of the Website where it is collected. If you choose not to fill in these mandatory fields, we may not be able to process your requests and/or provide you with the requested products and services. The rest of the Personal Data is purely optional and enables us to know you better and thereby improve our communications and services. Additional information on the purposes and the legal basis of specific processing scenarios are presented below.
Communication and transmission of Personal Data
We are part of the Pierre Fabre international group and, from time to time, we may share your Personal Data within the Pierre Fabre Group for the purposes listed above.
We may also appoint third party service providers (who will act according to our instructions) to help us provide you with information, products or services, to direct and manage our activities, or to manage and improve our Website. In such cases, these third parties may require access to your Personal Data.
If your Personal Data is transmitted outside the EEA (European Economic Area) to other companies in the Pierre Fabre Group or to service providers, we shall take measures to ensure that your Personal Data is covered by the same level of protection as if it had remained within the EEA, including by entering into data transfer agreements on the basis of the Standard Contract Terms approved by the European Commission, as updated or amended, or by using a certification program such as Privacy Shield UE – for transmissions to the United States, or other transmission mechanisms such as adequacy decisions, Binding Corporate Rules, or agreements approved by the EU’s Data Protection Authorities, as the case may be.
We may also communicate your Personal Data to third parties in the context of a finalized or potential sale of our company or of any assets belonging to us or to an affiliated company, in which case the Personal Data we possess about our users may be a part of the assets sold.
We will also respond to requests for information if required by law, or if such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or ensure our compliance with a judicial procedure, a court decision, a request by a regulator, or any other legal proceedings against us.
Direct marketing by electronic means
When authorized by law, and subject to your consent when required, we may communicate with you by electronic means to present our products and services. If you wish to unsubscribe so you will no longer receive our communications, please visit [https://www.kloranebotanical.foundation/fr/mon-compte], or contact us directly at the address email@example.com and we will stop sending you messages.
Conservation of your Personal Data
Generally speaking, we will only keep your Personal Data for the amount of time that is required to achieve the purposes for which it is collected.
We will only keep your Personal Data for the amount of time that is strictly necessary to manage our dealings with you (such as when you create an account, purchase a product on our Website, etc.).
However, we will keep your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing for three years from the date of the last interaction between us if you are not a customer, and for as long as we remain in contact with you through our promotional activities if you are a customer, unless you oppose to this when you receive one of our direct marketing messages.
IP addresses collected for security purposes will only be kept for 10 days.
Finally, connection logs that are collected will be kept, subject to your consent, using the cookies and other trackers used on our Website, for an amount of time that will not exceed thirteen (13) months, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. For more information, refer to the "Cookies" section below.
We may be required to conserve your Personal Data in archive form beyond the amount of time indicated below to comply with our legal obligations, or if this is necessary in light of the applicable prescription period, in order to enforce our rights (for example, all information relating to transactions will be kept for the duration of the contract and for 5 years following its termination).
Once your Personal Data is no longer needed for the purposes or for archiving purposes to meet our legal obligations or for the prescription period, we will ensure that it is completely destroyed or anonymised.
The Website may contain links to third party websites. Since Pierre Fabre has no control over these websites, it is not responsible for their data protection practices, and we therefore encourage you to familiarize yourself with these third party websites’ data protection policies. This policy applies solely to Personal Data collected by our Websites or in the context of our activities.
In accordance with the applicable law, you have the following rights with regard to your Personal Data:
- The right to obtain a copy of our Personal Data and information on the ways in which your Personal Data is processed and the legal basis of this processing;
- The right to correct incorrect Personal Data (including the right to complete incomplete Personal Data);
- The right to erase your Personal Data (in certain cases, this right may only apply once this data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- The right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data when:
- The accuracy of the Personal Data is in question;
- The processing is illicit but you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data;
- We no longer need your Personal Data but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- The right to request the portability of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format for a third party (or for you) if our processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract we have entered into with you;
- The right to give general or specific instructions on the terms of processing and use of your Personal Data after your death.
- The right to oppose, at any time, telephone contact for direct marketing purposes, by registering for free on the website www.bloctel.gouv.fr;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data (if this processing requires your consent) without impact on the lawfulness of processing on the basis of the consent given before it was withdrawn;
- The right to oppose to processing for direct marketing purposes; and
- The right to view or obtain a copy of the appropriate measures taken to transmit your Personal Data to a third country or an international organization.
In addition to the rights listed above, you have the right to oppose any processing of your Personal Data that is justified in light of the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre, including profiling (as opposed to justification based on your consent, or in order to fulfil obligations under an agreement with you). You also have the right to oppose any processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling.
You also have the right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority on data protection, CNIL 3 Place de Fontenoy, 75007 Paris, France.
To exercise these rights, please contact us via the "Contact Us" section below. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and that we reserve the right to charge a fee if authorized by law, such as if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will try to respond to your request within the applicable time limits.
The types of cookies we use
On our Website, we use several types of cookies for different purposes. These cookies are known as required cookies, performance cookies, marketing cookies and functional cookies. Some cookies may be provided by a third party to add additional functionalities to our Website and are listed below.
- Performance cookies: these cookies are used to improve our Website, such as for analyses that enable us to understand how our Website is used and which improvements to make. These cookies are used to collect information on how visitors use our Website. This information is collected anonymously and includes the number of visitors, where they come from and the pages they view.
- Marketing cookies: these cookies are used to display targeted ads to an identified machine or other device (and not to a person identified by name or by any other means) which are tailored to the interests associated with the Website activity of this machine or device (such as clicks on advertisements, Website pages visited, key word searches performed). These cookies are also used to limit the number of times a user sees an advertisement and to measure the effectiveness of a marketing campaign. They can also record the fact that the Website was viewed from a device and communicate this information to marketing companies. The marketing cookies on our Website are managed by parties with our permission. Marketing cookies service to identify the advertising source from which a user was directed to our Website, which enables us to gauge the usefulness of investing in this advertising source.
- Functional cookies: these cookies improve the performance and operation of our Website, often as a result of a specific user action. For example, we can customize the content we offer to you or memorize your preferences.
- Sharing cookies for third-party Social Network Plugins in connection with the Social Network Plugins: the integration of Social Network Plugins enables their suppliers to store cookies. These cookies enable our users to share information with the relevant social network, but also enables the network operator to identify the user and store information about the user’s use of the Website in his or her profile.
A list of the cookies we use on our Website can be found below.
|Category||Purpose||Cookie name||Application name||Conservation period|
|Required cookie||Required||SESSION||KBF||1 month|
|Functional cookie||Performance cookie||_ga||Google Analytics||13 months|
|Functional cookie||Functional cookie||_gat_UA-26255416-1||Google Analytics||1 day|
|Functional cookie||Performance cookie||_gid||Google Analytics||1 day|
|Functional cookie||Functional cookie||has_js||KBF||-|
|Functional cookie||Functional cookie||GPS||Youtube||1 day|
|Functional cookie||Functional cookie||PREF||Youtube||8 months|
|Marketing cookie||Marketing cookie||VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Youtube||6 months|
|Marketing cookie||Marketing cookie||IDE||Doble click||13 months|
Management and deletion of cookies
If you refuse these cookies, we will no longer install other cookies on your device, with the exception of the "functional" cookies presented above (including a cookie that stores the fact that you do not want cookies to be installed when you visit the Website).
Please note that if you choose to delete or refuse certain cookies, this will affect some of the functionalities or services on our Website.
To manage cookies, click here.
Updates to the Confidentiality Policy
We may modify this Confidentiality Policy at any time in order to accommodate changes to the law and/or to our personal data protection practices.
If you have questions about this Confidentiality Policy or if you wish to exercise one of your rights, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the following address:
Last modified: 29/03/2019